New Parent Workshop
Weekend Classes to Strengthen Your Family with Your New Addition
Sessions held in downtown Miami, FL
2 Weekend Sessions To A Stronger, Happier Relationship with Your Spouse & Your New Baby (or Toddler!)
Bringing Baby Home Workshop is based on the research of Drs. John & Julie Gottman.
The Gottman’s research demonstrates that when couples become parents, there is a significant decrease in their relationship satisfaction. Further research has shown that relationship discord and conflict have a profound negative effect on the couples’ infants and toddlers.
By teaching couples how to build a strong emotional foundation in their family during the very early stages of a child’s life, children are raised in healthier environments.
Couples who have participated in The Bringing Baby Home Program experience:
- A significantly lower rate of postpartum mood disorders & depression
- A decrease in relationship hostility
- A higher level of relationship satisfaction
- A decreased likelihood of divorce
This program will teach parents to:
- Increase friendship in their relationship
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Keep dads involved in infant care & parenting
- Improve the quality of parent–infant interaction
- Recognize the psychological & emotional needs of their child
- Co-Parent effectively
The Program also teaches ways to nurture the family environment through the toddler & preschool years.
By supporting couples as they become parents, children benefit.
These benefits result in positive changes for families.
Once this foundation is established in a family, research shows that:
- Children do better in school
- Adapt better socially
- Are physically & emotionally healthier
The Workshop Details
Who Can Attend?
The workshop is designed for couples who are:
- Have a newborn
- Have young children up to age 3
Where Is It?
The Bringing Baby Home workshop takes place at our downtown Miami office in a small group setting.
Couples are given guidance and a variety of materials and exercises to go through as partners.
- During interactive exercises, couples will be asked to leave the room in order to perform the short 10 minutes-exercise.
- Couples will not be asked to disclose any personal information or to share the outcome of their exercise with others.
- Brief 15 minute homework assignment is encouraged for couples to get the most out of the workshop.
How Long Is The Workshop?
The workshop is structured on a 16-hour delivery format that is broken up into two weekends
- 4 hours of material on both Saturday and Sunday for two weeks.
- 15-minute breaks are provided at every 1.5 hour mark and a 1 hour break for lunch is provided.
What Is Included?
Attendees will be provided with all required materials
- Lunch & snacks which will consist of hot coffee, tea, soda, water, sandwiches, salads, fruit, cookies, and chips. If you have special dietary needs, please contact us before you register for the workshop.
It is recommended that you dress in layers to insure that you will be comfortable in the temperature of the room.
- No guests or children are permitted in the workshop. Couples who bring their children with them will not be permitted to attend the workshop, and will not be eligible for a refund.
- Street parking and public parking garages are available nearby.
Have more questions? Visit our FAQs